Search This Blog

Friday, November 30, 2012

Winter Beauty

It's amazing that in a season where the trees are basically bare and the ground is sparse, such beauty still remains! My hubby and I went for one last hike to the reservoir near our home. While he attempted to catch one more fish for the year I gathered a bag of goods for a wreath. With little Avalyn bundled in the Bjorn, I walked the lake-side trail, enjoying the quiet and chill in the air, clipping and collecting what interesting things I found. The outcome was so rewarding. Not because of the wreath itself, necessarily...it's a tad lop-sided...but because of the memories of the time spent with my family in order to make it!







I wish you all sweet time with loved ones this Holiday season! If you find yourself alone I challenge you to reach out to someone that may benefit from a little extra love. Tis the season!!
~Amy

1 comment:

  1. I would take your gorgeous wreath over any store bought one Amy!

    I so agree with you about the holidays. When I was a single mom, I worked in a hospital and didn't get any holidays off. Going into the oncology ward, knowing mom's were in there, not able to spend the holidays with their kids at home...it was heart wrenching. When we're blessed with health it's the biggest blessing of all!

    Enjoy Christmas with your precious little bundle:)

    ReplyDelete